The Ocean Foundation (TOF) has initiated a Request for Proposal (RFP) process to identify a firm qualified to provide video production and editing services to work closely and collaboratively with the External Relations team to describe our efforts as a community foundation working to conserve the ocean. Due to Covid, we are primarily seeking to apply our existing unedited footage to its highest and best use and to film new select pieces in a remote setting. Additional active filming in the field at project sites may follow under a separate contract at a later date, however we are requesting proposals that include both quotes under this RFP for budgeting and planning purposes.
About The Ocean Foundation
The Ocean Foundation is a unique community foundation with a mission to support, strengthen, and promote those organizations dedicated to reversing the trend of destruction of ocean environments around the world. TOF works with donors who care about our coasts and ocean to provide financial resources to marine conservation initiatives through the following lines of business: Committee and Donor Advised Funds, Field of Interest grant-making Funds, Fiscal Sponsorship Fund services, and Consulting services. TOF’s Board of Directors is comprised of individuals with significant experience in marine conservation philanthropy, complemented by an expert, professional staff and a growing international advisory board of scientists, policy makers, educational specialists, and other top experts. We have grantees, partners, and projects on all the world’s continents. We advance innovative, customized philanthropic solutions for individual, corporate and government donors. We simplify giving so donors can focus on their chosen passion for the coasts and ocean. For more information: https://oceanfdn.org/
Work with the External Relations team to develop a suite of sixteen (16) informational videos for use on our website and on social media platforms. For each of the eight topics listed below, a short one minute video and a longer five minute video will be produced.
- This is The Ocean Foundation (broad overview)
- The Ocean Foundation as a Community Foundation (specific to those services advising donors, grantmaking, etc.)
- The Ocean Foundation as a Third Party Investment screener (specific to our services researching companies and potential effects of their activities in the ocean)
(each to include a description of the problem we are trying to solve, the services we offer and examples of past and current work)
- Overview of International Ocean Acidification Initiative
- Overview of Blue Resilience Initiative
- Overview of Redesigning Plastics Initiative
- Overview of Caribbean Conservation and Marine Research Initiative
- Overview of The Ocean Foundation’s work in Mexico
As part of the production process, the firm will:
- Audit existing raw, unedited footage and b-roll footage owned by The Ocean Foundation to assess for quality and use in informational videos;
- Identify gaps in footage needed to tell compelling stories about our work to inform new production needs;
- Work with External Relations team to develop shot list including the identification of what can be filmed remotely vs in the field post-Covid; and
- Remotely film and edit interviews and testimonials of The Ocean Foundation staff and key partners in the United States and internationally.
Submitted proposals must include the following:
- Project portfolio including storyboards, shot lists and produced videos in long (approx. 5 mins) and short format (approx. 1 min)
- A summary of technical expertise and qualifications of team members, including information on whether outside subcontractors would be part of your proposed team
- Three references of past clients who have had similar needs
- Two detailed, itemized budgets, including-
- A) one focused on remote production and editing as described above for our immediate need- please itemize each deliverable; and
- B) a second estimated budget for active filming in the field at project sites in Mexico, Puerto Rico and the Wider Caribbean
- Proficiency in Spanish is also desired but not required.
Editing and production work may begin as early as December 2020. Proposals will be received on a rolling basis and this RFP will remain open until a contractor is selected.
Please direct all responses to this RFP and/or any questions to:
Kate Killerlain Morrison
Strategic Partnerships Director
No calls please.